- 1 If making fresh rice: Boil the rice in a pan of boiling water until it's roughly 3/4 of the way done (around 8 mins). The rice should still have some bite as it will continue to cook in the next steps. Drain it in a sieve and keep it aside.
- 2 Heat a little oil in a wok over high heat and stir fry the cabbage (and any other fresh veg) and the Garlic Paste until cooked (2-3 mins). Then remove the cabbage from the pan and keep it aside.
- 3 Using the same pan, heat a little more oil over medium heat. Add the cooked rice and let it fry for 5 mins, stirring occasionally. Don’t move the rice around in the pan too much. It will start to crackle and colour a bit. Stir the Gochujang, the Doenjang and the spring onions into the rice. Return the cooked cabbage to the pan and stir into the rice. At this stage you can also add any cooked meat leftovers you might have.
- 4 In a separate frying pan, fry the eggs to the point where the yolks are still a little runny.
- 5 Serve the fried rice onto plates with a fried egg on top of each. Stir the yolk into the rice and get stuck in!