- 1 Drizzle a little oil over the steaks and the rub the Japanese Steak Mix onto both sides of them. Keep aside.
- 2 Heat a little oil in a lidded saucepan over high heat and fry the spring onions and mushrooms for 2-3 mins. Add the Shichimi Rice Stock and stir well. Stir in the rice, then add 200ml water and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and let it cook for 10 mins. While the rice cooks, continue with step 3. (After the 10 mins is up turn the heat off and leave the rice covered until ready to serve.)
- 3 Heat a griddle pan over medium-high heat and, when hot, put the steaks in. Let them cook for 4-5 mins in total for medium-rare, flipping them over occasionally. Then remove them and rest them covered in foil. In the same pan, add a little more oil and fry the asparagus over high heat for 3 mins, or until tender and slightly charred.
- 4 For the miso sauce, gently melt a knob of butter in a small bowl in the microwave, then add the Shiro Miso Paste, the juice of half a lime and 1 tbsp honey (or sugar) and stir well.
- 5 Serve the rice on a plate and place the charred asparagus alongside. Slice the steak across its width (across the grain) and serve onto the plate with your miso dressing drizzled over.