- 1 Bring 500ml water to the boil in a lidded pot, stir in the Vietnamese Beef Stock and then add the rice. Cover and simmer on a low heat for 12-15 mins. Then remove from the heat and keep covered.
- 2 Heat a little oil in a wok or pan over medium-high heat and fry the pork briefly to brown it on both sides. Remove and set aside. Turn the heat down and add a little more oil and then fry the shallots for 2-3 mins to soften them.
- 3 Sprinkle in the sugar and leave it for 2 mins so that it starts to gently melt and bubble. Stir the shallots and the sugar together and add the Ca Kho To Fish Paste with 30ml of water to the pan. Turn the heat up to medium and stir for 2 mins so that the sauce starts to thicken very slightly.
- 4 Return the pork to the pan and cook for 2 more mins so that the sauce creates a glaze on the pork. If you're adding pak choi to the pork, add it to the pan and cook for 2 mins.
- 5 Add the Sriracha Sauce and spring onions to the pork and mix well. Then serve the pork on top of the rice with a squeeze of lime over the pork (if using).